FINANCING YOUR BUSINESS CAN BE HARD
Business Resources In and Around Clay County
Clay County and metropolitan Kansas City offer excellent services to help businesses grow, from our sister organization the Clay County Economic Development Council, to state training programs that help businesses and their workers improve. Especially impressive are the many educational and training programs, many of which offer "custom" programs at business locations and other options tailored to specific businesses.
Below are a list of links to some of the local organizations and programs that businesses can access in Clay County.
• Missouri SourceLink- Connects small businesses to resources around Missouri.
• Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation — outstanding entrepreneurial resources for business and education.
• Full Employment Council — a business-led, private, nonprofit corporation whose mission is to obtain public and private sector employment for the unemployed and underemployed residents of the Greater Kansas City area.
• KCSourceLink is a clearinghouse for small business resources in the Kansas City region.
• Metro Data Line operated by the Mid-America Regional Council offers valuable information and data.
• Missouri Business Assistance Center — a related site that specializes in focuses directly on business assistance through expertise and information.
• Missouri Department of Economic Development — Includes a number of helpful areas, from regional statistical information to regulations. Of special note are areas for Workforce Development and Business and Community Services, which includes business solutions and detailed business information. The EDC maintains a direct connection with the Clay County Workforce Development office (816-468-1943).
• Missouri Business Portal is especially designed for those who are starting a business or who want to do business in Missouri.
• The Small Business Administration has a great deal of information, including an excellent area on training.
• ThinkKC — operated by the Kansas City Area Development Council, offering a wealth of information, including municipal tax comparisons, area profiles and more.
The award-winning Mid-Continent Public Library has outstanding online resource.
• The Business and Technology Center, along with its nearby sister campus, Maple Woods Community College offer excellent vocational and business related curriculum. Both are part of the outstanding Metropolitan Community College system, which includes six campuses, including the main Penn Valley campus only minutes from Clay County.
• Unviersity of Missouri-Kansas City Small Business & Technology Development Center offer one-stop assistance to individuals and small businesses by providing a wide variety of information and guidance in central and easily accessible branch locations. The center is affiliated with UMKC's Bloch School of Business and Public Administration, and the Missouri Small Business Development Centers.
• William Jewell College operates several business-related programs, including the Pryor Leadership Center which focuses on developing improved leadership skills and enhancing team effectiveness while providing professional development for participants. The EDC and the Pryor Center are collaboriting on the new Doniphan Leadership Program.
EVENTS & RESOURCES
WE MAKE IT SIMPLE
We provide financing for the fixed assets your business needs.
Midwest Small Business Finance I 1251 NW Briarcliff Parkway , Suite 25 I Kansas City, Missouri 64116 I PHONE: 816-468-4989